Yet, many people skip breakfast for the simple reason that mornings are often hectic and frenzied.
But, it really doesn't have to be that way!
With a little bit of planning and access to some quick and easy breakfast recipes, your mornings can be blissfully calm.
Check out my popular book Good Morning Moms for some delicious and simple breakfast recipes and several actionable tips, all aimed at making breakfast a hassle free meal!
A smoothie is probably the quickest breakfast idea you will ever come across, that is healthy and fulfilling too. Smoothies are also popular with kids which means that you don't waste time forcing it down their throats!
Adding avocados to your smoothies not only makes them thick and creamy, but also adds immensely to the nutritive value of the smoothie.
Avocados have several benefits which include a healthier heart, lowering of blood pressure, preventing diabetes, healthy skin, cancer protection, arthritis treatment, relieving constipation and even helping in weight loss.
This Chofeecado Smoothie is a deliciously healthy and quick breakfast idea and is the perfect option for when you are pressed for time... AND, its also very popular with kids (Please Omit the coffee though!)
Preparation time: 5 -10 minutes
1 large avocado
500 ml milk (about 2 large glasses)
2 teaspoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
2 teaspoons sugar
Crushed ice cubes (optional)
NOTE: If you use my GLAMPS Menu Planner with Automatic Shopping List Generator to plan your meals, click here for a GLAMPS friendly version of the ingredients .
(If you haven't bought GLAMPS yet, check it out here)
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and put it into a blender.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Blend well until all the ingredients are properly mixed and the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour into a tall glass, garnish with chocolate flakes or chocolate chips and serve chilled.
Ideas and tips
- You can increase the amount of cocoa powder if you'd like a more chocolatey flavour.
- If you are using drinking chocolate, don't use sugar or use a lesser amount.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your personal preference.
- For a healthier smoothie, you could substitute sugar with dates, honey or even bananas!
I do hope you enjoyed this recipe. Do let me know if you try it out. Feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, suggestions or any anything really in the comments below. I really enjoy reading them.
If you do try out this recipe, do take a picture and share it with us on our our facebook page. We'd realllly love to see it!
And don't forget to share it with your friends. That's what those social media sharing buttons are there for ;)
Click here for more delicious and simple recipes.
If you are looking to buy kitchen equipment or appliances, you can find some top rated items here.
To receive simple, quick and easy recipes straight into your inbox, subscribe using the form below.
Your email is safe with us: We will never share your details or spam you!