Buttermilk Dosa by Subhashni Venkatesh of Bhojana Recipes is so easy to make; It's a perfect breakfast idea for busy mornings.
Combine this soft, spongy, melt-in-your-mouth Dosa with any chutney of your choice for a deliciously healthy breakfast, for kids tiffin boxes or for a tea time snack! (You can even make it healthier by serving it with some cooked veggies.)
Though I have made this Super Soft Mouth Watering Dosa many times, somehow I missed to take photographs of this dosa everytime I make. This time I didn't miss it. This is a soft version of Dosa and the softness is retained for a longer time. This dosa can be relished with any chutney...
Ingredients for making Buttermilk Dosa:
Parboiled rice 3 cups
Poha 1 cup
Urad dal 2 tb spoons
Buttermilk 500 ml
Salt to taste
Oil to make dosa
Baking soda 1/4 tea spoon (Optional)
How to make Buttermilk Dosa?
- Wash the rice and urad dal and add Poha to them.
- Soak them in Buttermilk for 5 to 6 hours.
- Grind them with the soaked butter milk to get a nice batter slightly thinner than regular dosa batter, to dropping consistency.
- Add the baking soda, required salt and mix well.
- Heat a dosa tawa/griddle and grease it.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on it and make dosa. Don't spread it too thin.
- Drizzle few drops of oil around it and cover with a lid.
- After 2 minutes take off the lid. No need to flip it and cook the other side.
- The Soft Spongy Mouth Melting Dosa is ready to serve with any chutney of your choice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please tweet, like or +1... And thanks for dropping by :)
To receive Exclusive Stuff from us, Subscribe to Helping The Homemaker using the form below!!
Your email is safe with us: We will never share your details or spam you!
Labels: BREAKFAST, BREAKFAST RECIPES, EGG RECIPES, QUICK RECIPES, RECIPES