I thought so... I love them too and so does hubby!
You must try out this simple recipe for Brownies (without eggs). The are yummy as ever!
Here's what I usually do...
I prepare a large batch and refrigerate them. Then, whenever we feel like, all we need to do is heat them in the microwave for a few seconds, top it with some nice vanilla ice-cream and eat!!
Of course, I even eat them without the ice-cream or straight out of the fridge - still yummy!
This is a recipe from "Nita Mehta's Cakes, Pastries, Cookies" - which by the way, is a great buy. (These brownies are made without eggs and are still simply delicious)
And of course, I have made a few minor changes to the recipe based on personal preferences!
RECIPE FOR BROWNIES (Without Egg)
To prepare these delicious Chocolate Brownies, you will require:
1¼ cups milk
2 tbsp vinegar
1½ cups maida
¼ cups cocoa powder
1 tsp soda bicarb
1¼ powdered sugar*
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence**
Here's how to prepare these Yummiest, Eggless Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease a 8" square baking dish and dust with flour.
- Boil the milk and add the vinegar to it. When the milk starts to curdle, take the pan off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the maida, soda bicarb, cocoa and sugar and mix well.
- Add the oil, curdled milk mixture and vanilla essence. Mix well with a wooden spoon. (Don't over mix or mix too vigorously)
- Pour the cake batter into the greased and floured baking dish, sprinkle with walnuts and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the dish.
- Once completely cool, cut into squares while still in the dish.
- Arrange the Brownies on a serving dish and pour some hot chocolate sauce over them - Yummy brownies are ready to eat!
*The original recipe calls for 1½ cups sugar, which is too sweet for my taste. Try it out and see what works better for you.
** I am not too fond of vanilla essence in cakes, so I omitted it.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please tweet, like or +1... And thanks for dropping by :)
This recipe is an entry to Monsoon Snack Challenge for The Hub @ Archana’s Kitchen challenges.
To receive Exclusive Stuff from us, Subscribe to Helping The Homemaker using the form below!!
Your email is safe with us: We will never share your details or spam you!
Labels: Cake recipes, DESSERTS, RECIPES, SWEETS