- Wash and peel the potato and thinly slice it using a potato slicer.
- Immerse the potato slices in a bowl of salt water for about 10 minutes.
- Spread the potato slices on a sheet of paper and allow to dry.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the potatoes on a medium flame till light brown and crisp. Keep the potato chips aside in an airtight container.
- Cut the onion into thick slices and separate them into rings. Lightly coat them with some gram flour and keep aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the gram flour and baking powder and then add sufficient water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai, dip the onion rings in the batter to coat it nicely and carefully put it into the kadai.
- Fry the onion rings till they are golden brown and crisp. Keep aside in an airtight container.
- Cut the burger buns and lightly butter the cut side. Place them, cut side down on a tava and toast lightly. Turn over and toast the other side too.
- Cook the tuna steak as per this recipe.
NOTE: While cooking the tuna steaks, place a slice of cheese on each tuna steak while they're still in the pan (after flipping over). Allow the cheese to melt a bit. Then, using a spatula, transfer the steak onto a plate.
- Assemble the burger by spreading mayonnaise on the bottom bun, followed by a lettuce leaf, sliced tomato, a steak and cheese, potato crisps, fried onion rings and finally some of the tuna steak sauce. Cover with the burger bun tops and serve with some fries.
(I omitted the lettuce leaves and tomato, since I had none at the moment and was just craving a nice burger!)
Well, that's it from me. I do hope you enjoyed this recipe. Do remember to Share it if you do...
Subscribe for updates to receive more recipes, straight into your inbox.
When you subscribe via email, you will receive exclusive stuff that I share privately with my subscribers only.
Your email is safe with us: We never share your details and yes...we hate spam too and will never send you any!