Would you like to have some Insanely delicious tuna? I just did...
Try this Tuna Steak Recipe. It truly is just fantastic!
This recipe involves marinating the tuna in a mixture of wine, soya sauce and orange juice and herbs which makes this tuna succulent and gives it a wonderful taste.
I've never cooked tuna steak before, but this turned out really great - very juicy and exploding with flavour!
This recipe has been inspired by allrecipes.com, but I have made several modifications to the original based on whatever ingredients I had in stock. You can try out either version or experiment on your own if you are feeling adventurous ;) ... have fun and let me know how it goes.
4 tuna steaks
2 tbsp port wine (red)
2 tbsp Orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh coriander (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients (except tuna steaks) into a stainless-steel bowl and whisk lightly to get a uniform marinade.
- Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn them over after a couple of minutes, to coat the tuna well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, let the steaks rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Pan sear the marinated tuna steaks for about 2 minutes on both sides and place onto a serving dish.
- Bring the remainder marinade to a boil and thicken it slightly. Pour this sauce onto the steak for a richer experience.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with boiled veggies and fries.
Another mouth-watering idea is to replace your burger patty with this tuna steak - try this irresistible Tuna SteakBurger.
Labels: FISH RECIPE, MAIN COURSE, RECIPE