It's raining breakfasts at Helping the Homemaker! Quick on the heels of my Delicious Palak(Spinach) Egg Dosa, comes this deliciously healthy breakfast - for kids especially!
Egg Mayo Sandwich is a simple, quick and easy breakfast idea and is sure to be popular with even the fussiest kids!
But, can you call it healthy?
Well, I'd say yes!
When I received this submission, I was a bit skeptical and asked myself the same question. So, I did some research - long live google! - and here's what I found:
- Although Mayo is rich in fat, it is also a rich source of Vitamins E and K.
- Mayo, used in moderation - like in this recipe here - can be healthy.
- You can turn to Mayo alternatives, such as lighter versions of Mayo or Alternate oil-based Mayo or Vegan Mayo. Still not convinced? Read this article by blog.foodnetwork.com! :)
Thinking of some healthy kids party food or a breakfast which can be made ahead of time i.e night before? Then, this Egg Mayo Sandwich is one best choice to go ahead. It requires very few ingredients, easy to make and tastes awesome.
In India, where i have grown up, we never had this at anytime or i should say never heard about it. May be because, India itself has huge tons of traditional breakfast recipes to try and experiment with. But after we moved to UK , this is one among the new foods which we tried and liked. My daughter gets excited, when she gets to know that its Egg Mayo in breakfast. Sometimes she tells me that she wants it after she comes back from school and even in dinner. As a mom I feel happy that my little one is having some healthy food.
Total time: 20-30 min
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Bread Slices : 8
Mayonnaise/Mayo: 4 tablespoons
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper: 2 teaspoon
- In a medium saucepan, immerse eggs completely in cold water. On medium heat bring it boil and turn off the stove. Rest for 5 mins and run under cold water. Remove the egg shells and keep a side.
- In a bowl, Mash the eggs using fork and let it cool completely (approx 5 mins).Add mayo, salt and black pepper and mix.It will have thick consistency.
- Spread equally the egg mayo mixture on to 4 bread slices and sandwich with other 4 slices.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate it until served.
- Adjust salt and black pepper according to your taste buds.I found that, if we add less salt it tastes better.
- If you like crispy bread then toast it and enjoy.
- Don't add too much of mayo as it will spoil the taste
If you enjoyed this recipe, please tweet, like or +1... And thanks for dropping by :)
To receive Exclusive Stuff from us, Subscribe to Helping The Homemaker using the form below!!
Your email is safe with us: We will never share your details or spam you!
Labels: BREAKFAST, BREAKFAST RECIPES, EGG RECIPES, QUICK RECIPES, RECIPES