This is my recipe for a Tomato-Onion Uttapam that is quick and easy to prepare and tasty too. It can be served with any sauce or chutney of your choice. But, it is flavourful enough to be had by itself too!
1 cup rice flour
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1 small tomato (finely chopped)
1 green chilli
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp fennel seeds
¼ tsp chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
2 tbsp corriander (finely chopped)
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Mix together all the ingredients, except the oil, to form a thin batter having the consistency of a dosa batter.
- Heat a tawa and pour one ladle full of the batter onto the center. Spread the batter, like a pancake and add some oil around its edges.
- Cover it and cook of a couple of minutes on a low flame. Open the lid and cook on medium flame till the underside turns golden brown.
- Flip it over, and add a little more oil along the sides. Cook till it turns golden-brown.
- Serve the ready Uttapams with any chutney or sauce of your choice or even enjoy them plain.
I do hope you enjoyed this recipe. Its quick and easy and perfect to satisfy sudden random bouts of hunger! Do give it a shot and let me know how it turns out. I would love the feedback.
If you liked this recipe, do "like" it on facebook or share it using the social media buttons provided. I'm sure your friends would love to have a go at it too! :)
Stay connected with Helping the Homemaker for many more recipes and useful articles relating to home matters. Don't ever miss out on our posts: Subscribe to Helping The Homemaker by Email. We know you hate spam and will never send you any.
Labels: BREAKFAST, QUICK RECIPES, RECIPES, Snacks, VEGETABLE RECIPES