This hot chicken recipe is not only quick and easy to prepare, but also uses very few ingredients. It is perfect for days when you are out of groceries, but really want to enjoy some good chicken!
250 grams chicken
1 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
2 tbsp green chilli sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp cornflour (dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water)
2 small onions (chopped into cubes)
3-4 green chillies (cut into slivers)
half a head of garlic (finely chopped)* - lookout for a secret tip below!
2 tbsp corriander (finely chopped)
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add to it the ginger-garlic paste, the sauces, pepper powder and some salt and allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes. (Note: The longer it marinates, the better)
- Heat oil in pan and fry the chicken pieces on a high flame, until they turn golden-brown. keep aside for later.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and saute the garlic till it starts to brown. Then add the green chillies and fry for a couple of minutes. Lastly, add the onions and fry till they turn transparent.
- Add to this the fried chicken pieces, along with the juices in the pan. Add the cornflour mixture, water and salt. Cover and cook until the chicken is done.
- Adjust the seasoning and the spice level, add the corrainder leaves and allow to simmer for a few seconds.
- Serve hot garnished with corriander leaves and green chilli slivers (OPTIONAL!)
NOTES: This is a spicy preparation. In addition to mouth-watering, it is guaranteed to be eye and nose-watering as well!! So, be sure to adjust the levels of pepper and green chillies according to your preference and spiciness of the chillies!
If you liked this recipe, do share it using the social media buttons provided. I'm sure your friends will be thankful for the share... and more importantly, it would make me super-happy! :)
Stay connected with Helping the Homemaker for many more recipes and useful articles relating to home matters. Don't ever miss out on our posts: Subscribe to Helping The Homemaker by Email. We know you hate spam and will never send you any.
Labels: CHICKEN RECIPES, MAIN COURSE, QUICK RECIPES, RECIPES