A quick and easy chocolate cake recipe, to launch my new blog. It is a deliciously moist and rich chocolate cake with a hint of coffee.
The recipe is very simple and requires very little time, effort and ingredients. What better way to start something new than with a sweet treat. So friends, "Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye" (translation: Let's have something sweet)
I first came across this recipe years ago in a local newspaper. I immediately tried it out and it has been a favourite ever since. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.
1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup brewed coffee
1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Sift together the maida, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda 3 to 4 times.
- Mix well the coffee, mayonaisse and egg.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the coffee, mayo and egg mixture till properly mixed.
- Pour into a suitably greased and floured cake tin and bake at 160 degrees C, in a preheated oven, for 40-60 minutes or until well baked.
- When ready, allow to cool and gently transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
(My sincere apologies for not putting up a picture of the actual cake. It was finished before I decided to post this recipe.)
- Instead of brewed coffee, I used a teaspoon of Bru Instant coffee dissolved in a cup of water. You can use mild or stronger coffee as you like.
- You can use 3/4 cup of cocoa powder if you'd like a more chocolaty cake.
- If you are okay with using alcohol, sprinkle some of rum over the cake while still warm.
For some useful information and tips on baking the perfect cake, check out Useful Cake Baking Tips
for more recipes
If you are looking to buy baking equipment, you can find top rated bakeware here
Labels: Cake recipes, DESSERTS, RECIPES, SWEETS